Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Homecoming


My Beloved is home. After seven long weeks in Texas, he is back with us in Guatemala! I had just put the children to bed last night when he came, so of course they jumped up to go hug their Dad. He lay on one of the beds, and they crawled all over him. It's so wonderful to have him home again. :)

This is the longest I've ever been separated from my husband. I am so thankful for God's help and special protection during our time of separation, but I hope we never have to do this again.

Hats off to you single parents and spouses of military personnel! I don't know how you do it for months on end.

Among the many treasures my hunny brought home to us, one of them was a camera for me. I am so excited to finally be able to post pictures on my blog again! Here are some photos of the Eagle's Nest, where we stayed last night and are playing today.




4 comments:

Leeanne Graf said...

Hi Tammy!

So grateful Danel made it home safely! I've only been away from my hubby for a wk, at the most, and I was miserable!!! Can't imagine 7wks, or months..or years!

Miss ya on FB. :( You were always a blessing and encouragement to me as a mom, wife, pastors wife and most of all, Christian Lady. Thank you for your Love for our Lord, your wisdom and your testimony. Please post often on your blog so we can get out "Tammy fix"...heehee. :)

Love ya! Feel free to email me anytime - leeannegraf@gmail.com
Leeanne

(P.S. What made you decide to leave FB? Just curious. I've come close many times. lol)

DP said...

Tammy,

I've been thinking of you and your family. How are you? I read this article in the paper yesterday and wondered if the violence is any where near you. Take care and God bless!
http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/04/07/3867771/guatemala-sees-signs-of-brutal.html

Damara

Unknown said...

Thank you, Leeanne. I miss you, too! Just got tired of FB. We'll keep in touch.

Damara, we hear about violent things happening, but so far it's mostly around Guatemala City and in the north, which is pretty far from us. Stuff happens, but we just trust the Lord. You know that. :o)

DP said...

I miss your posts! Do you think you will start blogging again anytime soon? How are you? When will you be coming up to the States? Have a great Wednesday!

Damara